My San Miguel Story: Senior Gerardo Verduga


Hi! My name is Gerardo Verdugo.

San Miguel has been an experience, full of memories to cherish. San Miguel has gives many opportunities outside of school, especially when applying for jobs and already having a job background. In the outside world, I am able to develop a more professional character between school and the workplace. San Miguel taught me to become a better person, to become a better version of myself. After 4 years working at Tucson Electrical Power (TEP) at San Miguel, I genuinely enjoy working in an environment that allows me to grow professionally.

San Miguel embraces the saying, “Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve”, which I believe is constantly present in our everyday, academic lives. As a senior, I believe I will be able to leave San Miguel prepared for a college education and the real world. I was able to be a part of a grand community that uplifts itself and encourages each student to do their best. Personally, in my graduating class of 2022, I enjoy the presence of my classmates and feel as if they were my secondary family. Overall, San Miguel gave me an opportunity to step one foot towards an open door and continue moving forward into my career.