Student Spotlight: Juan

Hello, My name is Juan Cueva, I am a Senior at San Miguel High School. I have been here for 3 years. I transferred my Sophomore year from Salpointe Catholic to San Miguel. Coming into San Miguel, I was a bit scared, considering my previous experiences at Salpointe Catholic. Although I was scared, I was also very eager to start. I had previous middle school friends that attended here and my older sister, Cristy Cueva, also attended her before graduating in 2018. I sort of knew what San Miguel was about, but I was still nervous about it. I was looking forward to the work experience more than anything. I was very intrigued at the fact that the San Miguel Students were given such a big opportunity to work. I have been given the opportunity to work at the Pima County Health Department and Raytheon. I am also part of the Senior Executive Student Council. I am also Captain of the Men’s Soccer Team. I have developed many skills, given many opportunities, and met many amazing people along the way. I am very grateful for San Miguel.

Hola, Mi nombre es Juan Cueva, soy un estudiante de último año en San Miguel High School. Llevo aquí 3 años. Transferí mi segundo año de Salpointe Catholic a San Miguel. Al llegar a San Miguel, estaba un poco asustado, considerando mis experiencias previas en Salpointe Catholic. Aunque tenía miedo, también tenía muchas ganas de empezar. Tenía amigos anteriores de la escuela secundaria que asistían aquí y mi hermana mayor, Cristy Cueva, también asistió a ella antes de graduarme en 2018. Sabía de qué se trataba San Miguel, pero todavía estaba nerviosa por eso. Esperaba con ansias la experiencia laboral más que nada. Me intrigó mucho el hecho de que los estudiantes de San Miguel tuvieran una gran oportunidad de trabajar. Se me ha dado la oportunidad de trabajar en el Departamento de Salud del Condado de Pima y en Raytheon. También formo parte del Consejo de Estudiantes Ejecutivos Sénior. También soy capitán del equipo de fútbol masculino. He desarrollado muchas habilidades, he dado muchas oportunidades y he conocido a muchas personas increíbles en el camino. Estoy muy agradecido por San Miguel.