A View from Brother Martin - Mont La Salle Aerial photos

My first Holy Week Retreat at Mont La Salle was about 26 years ago. I enjoyed getting up early to see the air balloon fight on top of Napa Valley. I wished that someday I would be up there. 

To get a good aerial view for taking photos, I must be in the air. There would be two options, a hot air balloon or flighting helicopter. But all these options were not practical. They would be too expensive and they not allowed to fly in some areas. 

Just imagine a picture of a Vietnamese guy trying to communicate with an air balloon controller or a helicopter pilot to get some detailed perspective such as the Rule of Thirds, and so on, that could be a disaster for sure. Another reason was how could I get a peaceful image when the helicopter made so much noise and dust blowing over the places. 

Thanks to the new camera technology, with the "flying camera" (Aerial Photography term), I can do very much everything by myself. The photos and the video that I would like to share with you were taken by a small flying camera (the same size as my Ramen Noodle or noodle bowl). 

The photos I took during the Summer 2022 Retreat at Mont La Salle. It was so a peaceful place. 

All photos and the video are dedicated to everyone who makes Mon La Salle a peaceful and unforgettable place.  

Mont La Salle Aerial Photos (Click here). 



~ Br. Martin Vu