Alumni Spotlight - Jennifer Galvan Garcia - Class of 2020

Hello! I’m Jennifer Galvan Garcia and am currently in my third year at the University of Arizona. 

  • I am studying Software Engineering with minors in Spanish and Computer Science. 
  • At the UofA I am heavily involved in the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE). 
  • I am La Familia VP and was in charge of leading one of our biggest outreach events for our community. 
  • At SHPE I was able to find a familia where I have made many great friends and find support for my time here in college. 
  • I am also currently working in a lab on campus working on a Digital Engineering Factory project. 

San Miguel was very helpful in my college journey. As a first generation college student I was in need of guidance in preparation for my journey into college. 

San Miguel helped guide me through the process of applying, and also provided opportunities for skill-building through classes and the CWSP program which helped me develop the leadership and academic skills necessary to be successful in college.